Are you looking to re-enter the workforce, get that first job, or looking to start a whole new career?
Proteus, Inc. can assist you with your employment-related needs.
How Do I Get Started?
Call or visit a Proteus service center or one-stop location in your area.
To make your job search experience productive, resource rooms are available in each of the Proteus service centers and one-stop locations.
The following services are available to anyone, free of charge, on a walk-in basis:
- FREE public access to computers, fax machines, telephones, and copiers (for job-seeking purposes only).
- Internet access where you can explore job opportunities and apply online for jobs.
- Job lead board and local employer information.
- Access labor market and career information.
- Assistance with applying for unemployment Insurance through EDD.
- Assistance with creating a professional resume or completing job applications.
- Information and referral regarding programs, education, and career and technical training opportunities offered through Proteus.
- Referral to partner agencies, employers, or other resources that might further assist you.
- If you need additional services to secure employment, you may be eligible for one of our grant-funded programs whereas customers can participate in the following services:
- Comprehensive Assessments- Including literacy testing, employment barrier identification, aptitude and interest testing.
- Career Planning- Assisting customer with individualized action plans to achieve career goals.
- Job Readiness Training- Training in job seeking, understanding employer expectations and enhancing a customer’s capacity to move toward self-sufficiency.
- On-the-Job Training- Paid on-site training with local employer.
- Youth Employment Services- paid and unpaid work experience, internships, or job shadowing.
- Skills upgrading and retraining- Providing new skills to customers.
Hours of Operations
Monday to Friday
8:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m.
Service Center Locations
Visit thw Where We Serve page for Contact Information
- Tulare County Fresno County Kings County Kern County
- Visalia Service Center
- Dinuba Service Center
- Porterville Service Center
- Fresno Service Center
- Sanger Service Center
- Selma Service Center
- Reedley One Stop
- Kerman Service Center
- Hanford Service Center
- Delano Service Center
Mobile Employment Center
We've taken our services on the road. This specially equipped 36 foot vehicle will roll into your community bringing the following resources.
- INTERNET ACCESS
- RESUME ASSISTANCE & SUBMISSION
- SKILLS ASSESSMENT
- JOB SEARCH ASSISTANCE
- CONSULTATION WITH A JOB SPECIALIST
- TRAINING REFERRALS
- AND MORE!
Job Seeker Tools
Are you looking for a job? The following job seeker tool are available to assist you in your career exploration. If you need further assistance, Proteus, Inc. provides an array of services to assist you with your employment and training needs. Call or visit today!
CareerOneStop - Sponored by the United States Department and Labor, Employment and Training Administration, this portal site provides over 600 online job and career tools.
O*NET Career Exploration Tools - The O*NETTM team has designed a set of self-directed career exploration/assessment tools to help workers consider and plan career options, preparation, and transitions more effectively. They also are designed for use by students who are exploring the school-to-work transition.
Careerpath.com - Take Free career tests and personality test assessments to find careers that work. Access useful career advice and resources to advance your job search and job path.
Worksmart- WorkSmart is designed to help you prepare for and find a new job. Topics include getting job ready, job titles, how to find a job, and tips for success.
America's Career InfoNet- America's Career InfoNet can help you identify career and job options that best fit you. Learn more about wages and employment trends, search employer contact information, labor market information, and external links to other career resources available on the Internet.
Finding a Job
Careers in the Valley.com - Search jobs, create a resume or cover letter, find training and education programs, research occupations, acess labor market information, and more.
CalJobs - Providing easier access to job services with the utilization of an automated Itnernet system. Job seekers can create and store their resume and browse job listings.
CareerBuilder.com - One of the largest online employment websites in the United States. Job seekers can search jobs, post resumes, review industry and company profiles, and link to career, training, and educational resources.
Monster.com - Search jobs, post your resume, research companies and much more.
Central Valley Jobs - Looking for a job in the Centeral Valley? At Central Valley Jobs you can search jobs, post your resume, read company profiles, find local job fairs, and more.
SnagAJob.com - (Snag A Job) is among the top part-time and hourly jobs sites. SnagAJob is the largest job site for part-time and hourly job openings with over 100,000 job listings. There are primarily job listings from major national employers, mostly retail stores and restaurants.
Jobs in the Community
Links (Job Seeker and Employer Assistance)
EITC- The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) sometimes called the Earned Income Credit (EIC), is a refundable federal income tax credit for low-income working individuals and families.
Let Proteus, Inc. help you save time and money by connecting you with qualified employees. You can reduce recruiting and interviewing time, eliminating advertising costs, and may be reimbursed up to 50% of training costs based on hourly wage rates. There is no placement fee to you or the employee, and you may even receive tax benefits under the employee tax credits. With only minimal paperwork, we personally "custom fit" the employee to your working conditions and job requirements.
There is NO charge for ANY of the following services!
- Training Subsidies
- Business Tax Credits
- Applicant Screening
- On-the-Job Training
- Follow-up Placement
- Employee Recruitm
- Wage and Labor Market Information
- A friendly and helpful staff.
For more information, contact any of our local service centers.
CalJobs - Providing easier acces to job services with the utilization of an automated Internet system. Employers can enter job listings and browse resumes of job seekers.
Monster.com - Post a job, search for a qualified applicant, and much more.
CareerBuilder for Employers - Post a job, recruit employees, and discover "Smart Job" an add on the works in conjunction with CareerBuilder to examine more than 35 million resumes to find up to 50 best matches for your Job Postings and deliver them right to you.
Find it by Audience - Employers- This link provides a shortcut to information and services the Department of Labor (DOL) offers employers.
Labor Market Information for Business/Employers - Check out local labor market infomraiton in your community such as which jobs are in demaind, how much they pay, and much more.
Work Opportunity - The Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) is a Federal tax credit incentive that the Congress provides to private-sector businesses for hiring individuals from target groups who have consistently faced significant barriers to employment. The WOTC can reduce an employer’s federal tax liability by up to $9,000 per new hire.
California Employer Advisory Council (CEAC) -The California Employer Advisory Council (CEAC) is your connection to information on employment and workforce development issues. Join your local CEAC today!
California Chamber of Commerce - A wealth of infomration for employers is accessible including labor law information and updates, local chamber contact information, salary data, benefit survey findings, as well as Workers' Compensation information and much more.
Federal Bonding - a fidelity bond is NO COST insurance coverage meant to allow employers to hire job applicant considered "at risk" due to their past life experiences, protecting employers against employee dishonesty, theft, or embezzlement.